Thursday 17 April 2014

Streatham MP People's Question Time on Cycling: Wed 23 April

Just received details of this event - a chance for you and/or your children to talk to some of the movers and shakers who can make Lambeth the best place for people of all ages and abilities to cycle. 

---
From: Chuka Umunna
----

People’s Question Time on Cycling – Wednesday 23rd April 7-8:30pm at the Grand Union Acre Lane
 I’m writing because I know you have contacted me in the past about cycling and I wanted to invite you to a ‘People’s Question Time’ I am holding next week to talk about the issues you and other constituents have raised with me about this - particularly safety, infrastructure and support for cyclists.
I hold these People’s Question Time events on a variety of issues that there is a lot of concern about locally – they are designed to be an opportunity for residents to raise concerns directly with those who have the authority to improve the situation. I have invited Lambeth Council and Transport for London, and the Cycling Commissioner Andrew Gilligan, a representative of Lambeth cyclists, and the Metropolitan Police Cycle Taskforce Safety lead, have all agreed to speak on the panel at the event.
 The event is being held at The Grand Union Bar (123 Acre Lane, SW2 5UA) between 7pm & 8.30pm on Wednesday 23 April 2014. There’s no need to RSVP though do email me if you have any queries about the event.